Dental Implants in La Grange Park & Brookfield, IL
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are fixed dental prosthesis made of a titanium screw which is inserted into the jaw to mimic tooth root and an abutment which supports a crown which resembles the natural tooth. The crown can be replaced by bridges when there are multiple gaps to fill in or even by dentures fitted onto two or more implants for additional support.
Advantages of dental implants in La Grange Park & Brookfield
- Provides a functional tooth which is connected to the jaw bone;
- Does not affect neighboring teeth;
- Prevents neighboring teeth from moving or distorting because of the tooth gap;
- Is similar in appearance to your natural tooth;
- Improves speech, because a missing tooth may alter your way of speaking;
- Is durable and if taken care properly can last a lifetime;
- Does not need special maintenance, apart from your regular dental hygiene routine.
Dental implants revolutionized modern dentistry. Whether used for single tooth loss or as a support for dental bridges, they are the best option you have to cover those missing teeth. Call Ogden Family Dentistry and see how dental implants in La Grange Park & Brookfield can change your life!