Cosmetic Dentist in La Grange Park & Brookfield, IL
Cosmetic dentistry is comprehensive dental care that comprises both prosthetic and surgical techniques to straighten the teeth, give symmetry to teeth, brighten the yellowing teeth, and repair cracked and chipped teeth. It not only adds to the physical appearance but also has a lot of physical and mental health.
If you are unsure of the difference that cosmetic dentistry can bring to your smile read on to know the technical details of some of the most popular procedures. Some of the cosmetic dentistry procedures are explained below:
- Teeth Whitening: The perfect shade of white can only be obtained with the dentist’s help. Whether you choose a pure laser teeth whitening procedure, a two-session whitening with a bleaching substance activated by a laser, or a home kit with a personalized mouthguard, the teeth whitening procedure should only be performed in the dental office to minimize risks and intensify results.
- Cosmetic Bonding: This procedure is used to fill in the spaces between teeth. The tooth surface is widened and smoothed so as to fix any cracks, fissures, and abnormal in-between teeth space. Bonding is the least expensive procedure to fix such problems. A tooth-colored plastic is applied to the tooth and then it is hardened using the UV rays. The cosmetic dentists then trim and polish the material to give it the desired shape.
- Porcelain Veneers: The veneers are extremely thin sheets of porcelain that are applied onto the tooth’s front surface. They act as a shield to hide those imperfections and give you a perfect smile that you always vouched for. Though, expensive it is worth the money spent.
- Dental Crowns & Bridges: Crowns are used extensively in restorative dentistry, but they can also be used to correct a tooth’s position, shape, or color. It is also great to restore a broken tooth or cover a large filling. Crowns are made of porcelain, metal, ceramic, or resin. The crown gives a lot of strength to the weakened tooth and holds it in its place.
- Dental implants: This cosmetic dentistry procedure is used to restore the missing tooth. A titanium tooth root is inserted into the bone socket of the missing tooth and with time the root holds on to its place, and the tooth secures its place. Though, expensive it is a great way to get a natural-looking tooth.
Cosmetic dentistry may not improve the way in which you bite or chew, but it will certainly boost your self-esteem. If you are looking for a cosmetic dentist in La Grange Park & Brookfield, contact our office today!